Sunday, November 20, 2005

The First Poker Saturday...

The wife is out of town... So today was a good day for my first Poker Saturday at my apartment... Chris Cox, Brian Scanlon, Panha Cheng, and Albert Sanders (whattup Morehouse fam!) all came through for a friendly 5-man tourney... Scanlon took home first. He knocked me out in 3rd when my Kc 9c went up against his K 10 offsuit... He ended up catching two more 10s for a set (a king might've come also to give him the boat - I forgot). Mr. Sanders took second place... The heads-up didn't take long since everyone fed Scanlon their chips. But it was a good time... Panha was pure comedy talking about stripper friends and his pondering on why "egg timers" were called "egg timers" - in his words, "you can time anything... not just eggs" ... Good Lord help the boy.

The day wasn't over though... I went to my first shooting range and was the only person to hit the target in the yellow in the middle. I got some nice head shots in too... We were shooting a 22 and a 38 revolver. That was fun. Then we went to Anita's for some cheap Mexican food and ended the night watching 'Rounders' at Scanlon's... What a day... Now it's Sunday and time to rest.

Peace and MANY Blessings,
Chris Craft

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home