Sunday, February 19, 2006

Why does my game suffer online??

Simple short and to the point...

I can't figure out online poker... I had an incredible run online at the $50 and $100 NL 6-handed tables; but that quickly came crashing down on Feb. 6th and 7th when I lost like 3/5 of what I had made during my run. In my live game, I know what I'm doing wrong when I'm not making money (or losing money).. But online.. I can't figure out exactly what I'm doing wrong when I'm on a bad run. I mean.. it seems like when I get bad cards.. I REALLY get back cards and I simply fold them.. I'll see a flop online with horrible cards about 5-10% of the time.. I honestly play pretty tight aggressive.. When I get good cards.. I raise like $3 or $4 (especially from early position to show folks that I mean business) in $50 NL (3x big blind is $1.50) and I still get 3-4 callers when things are out of control.. Aces get cracked... I get kings when someone else conveniently has aces... I get folks that call my hefty bets on the flop and call my all-ins when I try to push hard on the turn to protect my hand and folks call with runner runner straight draws / flush draws and HIT THEM!

We poker players always remember the bad times and bad runs... but I'm just dumbfounded as to why my bad runs online so outweigh my good runs... I've only had one good run online in my life... For those of you that have figured it out and are making good money.. I congratulate and really respect you because I don't know how you do it. Maybe I'm just a people person and I need to feel them out live in order to get a good read on them... Who knows?... But please give me some suggestions folks.. It just sucks to look at my excel sheet where I track my poker winnings and losses and see that I would be way above broken even if it wasn't for online poker... I probably need to just stop playing 'cus it's obviously -EV for me and stick to live games and make some sacrifices to get to AC and Vegas more... We'll see.

I'm down but not out folks.

Peace,
Rico Craft

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home